||"Lord, invest me with your power
as I prepare to proclaim the marvel of your message.
I have prepared my reading,
I have tried to take within me
the meaning of what I am about to proclaim.
Help me to proclaim, not just with my lips,
but with my whole heart and soul.
Lord, make me a hollow reed
so that your voice will be heard by all who hear me.
Free me of excessive concern over my performance.
Convert my feeling of nervousness and
turn all my apprehension into an energy
for proclaiming your word with power and authority.
May your Spirit live in me and
fill the holy word that I proclaim. Amen!"
- From the lectors of Our Lady, Star of the Sea Parish, Singapore
Mass Assignment Schedules:
EM/Lector Assignments by Mass - 4th Quarter 2013 EM/Lector Assignments by Minister - 4th Quarter 2013
|Lector Resources:Friendly Reminders (Updated 11/22/10)
Useful Websites for Lectors
Lectors: Please post any changes to your status or availability for the following quarter no later than the first day of the month preceding that quarter.
For 1st Quarter (Jan/Feb/Mar), post changes to availability by Dec. 1.
For 2nd Quarter (Apr/May/June), post changes by March 1.
For 3rd Quarter (July/Aug/Sept), post by June 1.
For 4th Quarter (Oct/Nov/Dec), post by Saturday, Sept. 7 (deadline extended due to Labor Day holiday).
- Click HERE to access message board. Enter all information requested.
- Click "Submit."
Those participating in the lector ministry are called to proclaim the Word of God for Masses offered on Saturday, Sundays, Holy Days, and other special services throughout the Church year. The lector's task is to reveal God's presence in the liturgy of the living Word for our parish community.
Our Parish considers for membership to this ministry an individual who meets the following qualifications:
In addition, a parishioner wishing to become a Lector must be assessed by a designated Lector committee.
- Is a registered parishioner.
- Is a practicing Catholic.
- Has received the sacraments of Baptism, First Eucharist and Confirmation.
- Attends Sunday Mass regularly.
- Is a positive witness to the Christian way of life.
- Can clearly articulate and proclaim the Word with passion
Parishioners accepting an invitation to join the ministry make the following commitments:
- Attend initial training session.
- Attend a mandatory annual ministry meeting, which is held to review process and procedures, address any issues that may arise, as well as to nurture and strengthen the faith and spirituality of ministry members.
- Attend one mandatory Lector Workshop per year. The goal of the workshop is to provide the opportunity to give each other constructive feedback on our proclaiming skills and style, including diction, cadence, tone, eye contact, etc.
- Become knowledgeable about current ministry Process & Procedures and fully abide by them to the best of one's ability.
- Review the published Quarterly Schedule for Lectors and fulfill scheduled Mass assignments, or make arrangements ahead of time for adequate substitution when unable to meet a particular scheduled assignment.
- Communicate on a timely basis to ministry chairpeople any changes in your contact information or Mass preferences going forward.
- Ensure that manner of dress and actions consistently show reverence for the sacredness of Eucharist and the privilege of assisting at Liturgy.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact either of our Lector Ministry Co-leaders: